- Pathways is designed to help members build public speaking, communication, and leadership skills. Members access educational materials digitally through Base Camp, the online system where Pathways lives. Some printed materials are also available.
- When you choose to access Pathways using Base Camp, you will have the option to take an online assessment of your skills, interests, and goals. Once you've finished, the assessment will recommend the three paths that best match your responses.
- If you don't want to work in a recommended path or prefer not to take the assessment, you can review a description of each path and select the one you prefer. Click here for a summary of each path as well as which competencies it helps you develop.
- It is also good to note that almost all projects are available in all paths. A project that is required in one path is likely to be an elective in another.
- In Pathways, you are recognized for every achievement and milestone you and your club reach. Whether you choose to explore one path or several, every step you take will be supported and celebrated along the way.
- Earn digital badges on Base Camp to show fellow club members all you’ve done. Receive a path badge when you finish a path. Every time you complete a level, you’ll receive level badges signifying your achievement. You can also award feedback badges to recognize members of your club.
- Receive digital certificates whenever you reach important milestones in Pathways. To celebrate your accomplishments when you finish a level or complete a path, you can download or print a certificate directly from Base Camp.
- Let your employer know about your achievements with official letters sent from Toastmasters. This is a great way to show them the commitment you’ve made toward personal growth. Employer letters can be requested when you complete Level 3, Level 4 or Level 5 in a path.
- Enjoy a celebratory email from the International President congratulating you on your success when you complete a path. You may also request a printed version of this commemorative message from World Headquarters.
Why stop at one path? Journey beyond being Proficient and receive the Distinguished Toastmaster award (DTM). This is the highest individual honor you can achieve in Pathways. Earn your DTM when you fulfill the following requirements:
- Completing two paths
- Serving as a club officer for 12 months and participating in a district-sponsored club officer training program.
- Serving as a club mentor or coach *
- Serving as a club sponsor or conducting Speechcraft or a Youth Leadership Program
- Serving as a district officer for one year *
- Completing DTM project
*A club coach role can be used to satisfy both the club coach requirement and the district leader requirement. Applications using this exception must be submitted to World Headquarters by emailing email@example.com and cannot be processed online through Club Central. For additional information, please review the Education Program FAQs.
Distinguished Club Program
The Distinguished Club Program (DCP) is an annual award program recognizing clubs that provide an outstanding member experience. You play a vital role in your club’s participation in the DCP through your achievements. There are six educational DCP goals you and members of your club can fulfill:
- Four members complete Level 1 in a learning path
- Two members complete Level 2 in a learning path
- Two additional members complete Level 2 in a learning path
- Two members complete Level 3 in a learning path
- One member completes Level 4 in learning path
- One member completes Level 5 in a learning path